Thursday, April 14, 2011

Week 10 - the "plans change" date

This week I had planned what I thought would be a pretty fun date for the hubby, the little guy and I.  However, when my husband reminded me mid-week that he would be participating in some controlled burning (he's a volunteer firefighter/EMT) that day, I realized he may be too tired for what I had planned, so I decided to scale it back a little.  Then the night before date night I had dinner with a friend and she offered to babysit the munchkin so we could have a night out without the bambino.  So I changed my plans again.  Then, just before we left, I came up with yet another plan. 

So we dropped the kiddo off with my friend and headed to Outback Steakhouse. This is one of my husband's favorite restaurants, and he hadn't been in quite some time, so I thought he'd really enjoy it, and we did.  We had a pretty great dinner and it was nice to be able to eat and talk without having to tend to the baby.  John had his favorite, prime rib - Outback style, and I had a small filet (which I noticed when reading the menu had gotten even smaller since the last time we'd eaten there) and we also split an order of the coconut shrimp.  It was way too much food and John ended up having some of it for breakfast the next morning. 

When we were done with dinner we went to Best Buy.  There were some things John had been wanting to look for, and he had a gift card from Christmas to spend, so we wandered the store looking at giant TVs and digital cameras and smart phones and laptops and so on and so forth, picked up a few small things, and decided to call it a night.

Dinner was around $50 with tax and tip.   

No comments:

Post a Comment